STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Candidates must agree to abide by the Romanov Academy of Sport Science Standards of Professional Practice and apply these principles to their use of the Certified Running Technique Specialist credential at all times.
A Certified Running Technique Specialist must:
- Act in accordance with all applicable national and local laws and regulations, which includes all applicable business, employment, copyright, and intellectual property laws.
- Act in accordance with all applicable Romanov Academy policies, procedures, rules, agreements, standards, and guidelines.
- Promote all individuals’ welfare, respect their dignity and right to participate in exercise, and provide competent, fair, and equal treatment to all individuals regardless of gender, age, disability, occupation, ethnic origin, color, cultural background, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, or political opinion.
- Uphold and enhance public appreciation and trust for Romanov Academy and Certified Professionals. Certified Technique Specialists will not engage in any behavior that adversely affects the Academy or compromises their professional responsibility either within their practice and publicly (to include all forms of social media).
- Have a sincere commitment to providing the highest quality of care to those who seek the professional services of a Running Technique Specialist.
- Act in the client's best interest in order to respect the client's privacy and dignity, protect the client from harm, and advocate for the client's welfare.
- Refer athletes or clients to more qualified fitness, medical, or healthcare professionals when appropriate.
- Consistently maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, striving for excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and continued professional development.
- Preserve the confidentiality of clients’ personal and privileged information. Certified Running Technique Specialists will not release any information to a third party not involved with the client’s care without a written release unless required by law.
- By proceeding with this registration I agree to uphold the Romanov Academy Standards of Professional Practice.